The primary responsibility of the Client Service Specialist is to provide assistance to the Company’s client base by working in partnership with the Sales and Account Management Teams. This is accomplished by handling incoming and outbound calls and emails from clients, carriers and third party administrators regarding clarification of premium, status of eligibility, renewal progress, etc. The Client Service Specialist will build relationships with Relation Sales Producers, Account Managers and clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. This individual may be the first point of contact between Relation and potential clients; therefore, it is important that the Client Service Specialist be a skilled communicator with the ability to create a positive first impression of the Company.
- Develops professional business relationships with Sales Producers, Accountant Managers and clients.
- Makes calls to qualify prospects and secure initial meetings for Sales Producers.
- Handles incoming and outbound calls, emails and other inquiries from students, school officials, and third parties regarding clarification of premium, status of eligibility, renewal progress, etc.
- Processes invoices in agency management system and manages customer accounts receivables.
- May assist in the generation and distribution of monthly loss reports to clients.
- Performs research for escalated client and/or student issues.
- Participates in renewal and prospect discussions with Sales Producers and Account Managers.
- Assists in generating plan reports with delivery to stakeholders (Sales Producers, Account Managers, Underwriters, and Clients).
- Assists Sales Producers and Account Managers in preparing quotations, renewal presentations and reports for clients.
- May assist in the preparation of proposals for potential clients.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of products, services and usages offered by the Company.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within plan documents.
- Working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with HIPAA.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to operate calmly in a high pressure environment
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- College degree in marketing, business, or communication related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ Customer Service experience with preference given to individuals with experience in health and accident lines of coverage