WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Technical Analyst will perform mathematical analyses, underwriting, marketing and renewal analyses that provides clients, teams and leadership with financial findings and conclusions.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Design, develop and prepare accurate and timely reports and analysis, providing financial guidance and general direction for influencing clients’ decisions and the achievement of strategic goals.
- Request for Proposals (RFPs): Gather benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), develop RFP template, coordinate responses from the carriers, inputs data and maintains all appropriate documentation. Prepare draft presentation to client and team leadership.
- Request, analyze and negotiate renewals for all line of coverage for Health & Welfare plans.
- Conduct plan/benefit change analysis including but not limited to self-insured feasibility, CDHP feasibility & funding analysis.
- Analyze and assist in making recommendations on client strategy and cost containment initiatives.
- Includes both detailed technical work, as well as client communication as reports and models are provided to clients.
- Assist in preparing the Rate Development Templates, RFP analysis and templates for all lines of business.
- Prepare and/or review monthly clients financial reports and plan performance monitors.
- This role will work closely with a variety of individuals including underwriting/analysts, sales, consulting, health management and leadership.
- Develop benchmarking reports by gathering health benefits data to compare a client’s plan information to other companies by industry or geography and provide results to client in appropriate format.
- Understand and demonstrate project management skills such to include: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate and assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- State Life, Accident & Health Insurance License is required and must be maintained.
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive experience or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
- Above average ability working with software and systems both as currently used by the Company and alternative industry standards.
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint.
- Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of financial and business knowledge.
- Well-developed presentation skills to clients, within department and to project teams.
- Able to operate in a matrix environment.
- Health insurance experience preferred.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred.
- Use initiative to identify and overcome obstacles, manage through ambiguity, remain focused and highly productive.
- Work cross-functionally and at all levels as both a self-starter and in a team environment.
- Think critically, creatively, analytically, and with sound judgment to develop and provide comprehensive, in-depth financial analyses and ad hoc projects.
- Simultaneously manage multiple assignments while maintaining composure, good judgment, and commitment to deadlines.
- Think and work independently and work flexible hours as required, including out-of-town travel.
- Must have valid driver’s license, ability to travel to client sites and reliable transportation.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.