Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Risk Advisor is responsible for new insurance account production and sales activities within assigned accounts. The individual in this position conducts research in the market and develops a base of business to educate, promote and sell insurance services, keeps current on business community activities to obtain leads for business development activities, and maintains and services a profitable book of insurance business for existing clients. The Risk Advisor projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, co-workers and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Achieves annual new revenue objectives through consultative sales to new clients and expansion of service lines to existing clients.
- Exhibits thought leadership & industry engagement through associations, speaking panels and in general demonstrates expertise in selected industry vertical(s).
- Develops annual, individual sales plan (ISP) with a pipeline coverage ratio of 5X or one that is in line with current company metrics to ensure stated goals are consistently met.
- Builds an active pipeline of qualified prospects, generating leads from personal contacts, client referrals, prospect pursuit campaigns (PPC’s), other Relation colleagues and Relation marketing sources.
- Documents new business activity in Relation’s sales tracking system.
- Appropriately closes new business, documenting won/loss opportunities and reasons for all clients in Relation’s sales tracking system.
- Develops and presents recommendations to clients based on consultative selling approach.
- Assesses & identifies risk issues, needs and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Recommends and assists clients with technical services including loss control and claims. advocacy programs utilizing our in-house loss control and claims advocacy teams.
- Seamlessly transitions sold clients to the designated client service/account management team.
- Serves as client’s valued advisor, building a strategic and personal relationship with key client decision makers.
- Communicates with leadership, providing field input on market trends, competitor analysis and other business intelligence.
- Has a keen sense of humor, a competitive drive and winning spirit.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong negotiator, avid problem solver and works well with different personalities to ensure sale.
- In depth understanding of insurance markets, products and usages is necessary, as well as insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to explain complex coverages, receive and interpret information and respond appropriately.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of complex P&C coverage and industry operations.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to advise clients concerning their insurance needs.
- Ability to calculate and perform mathematical functions.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or minimum 2 years’ sales experience in the insurance industry is preferred.
- Experience working with complex commercial coverage.
- Property and Casualty Insurance License is required and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.