This demanding and fast paced position will require an individual that has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, multitask, problem solve and a willingness to adjust from a daily routine when necessary. The individual in this position will have a proactive, forward thinking approach and a client service mindset. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Client Service Specialist is to provide first in class hospitality to internal and external clients, vendors and team members. This person will also assist with the day-to-day maintenance of customer files and act as the front-line administrative processor. They will remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business, stay abreast of the types of insurance products available and works with clients and others in a professional manner.
- Greets clients and office visitors on a daily basis.
- Answers telephone calls incoming from Relation clients and contacts and directs to appropriate team member.
- Supports Relation client teams in peer reviewing and assembly of client presentations.
- Maintains day to day office support functions such as stocking printers, handling sensitive documents and mail, deliveries, and other needs.
- Attends Relation team meetings to take notes and document meetings as needed.
- Provides back up support to client support teams, eligibility and enrollment and/or agency management systems as needed.
- Acts as ambassador of Relation culture to clients, teams and visitors.
- Performs administrative duties (filing, photocopying and faxing) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Under supervision, creates and maintains electronic and hard-copy filing systems conducive to the business unit needs.
- Follows up on endorsements that have been previously submitted by licensed individuals and are outstanding by carriers. Upon receipt of licensure, checks endorsements for accuracy, bills endorsements, and sends to client using standardized templates.
- Follows up on new business submissions with carriers for submissions.
- Issues standard certificates of insurance and other forms for holders (e.g. EOP, Binders, etc.). This function is limited to standard certificates and standard forms only.
- Checks on payment status of direct bill policies to assure policies are not cancelled and alerts appropriate Account Manager if policies are in danger of cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
- Check audits for accuracy and reviews with agency staff as appropriated. Bill audits, creates audit review letter and sends to client.
- Order motor vehicle reports “MVRs” and loss run as directed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficient in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems
- Basic knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
- Basic knowledge of commercial lines of coverage
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred; may be required, depending on location
- 3+ year experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with commercial lines experience
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile may be required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.