Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
This position is a hybrid remote schedule out of Overland Park, KS.
The Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for processing the company’s semi-monthly payrolls accurately and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. The Payroll Administrator works accurately and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end completion of payroll operations and projects, contributing to the attainment of specific goals and results of the payroll department, the Human Resources team, and the organization. The Payroll Administrator exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as payroll changes, personnel relations and organizational changes.
- Checks and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintains time and attendance records
- Maintains accurate and complete employee records in electronic and paper form, as applicable, and ensures all recordkeeping requirements are met
- Partners with Senior Payroll Administrator to process semi-monthly and off-cycle payrolls
- Facilitates Payroll Orientations for new hires
- Oversees the Payroll Team Inbox, responds to inquiries and resolves concerns
- Reviews and approves associate direct deposit and tax changes
- Responds timely and appropriately to verifications of employment and unemployment related claims
- Partners with Benefits team on leave of absence
- Acts as back up for Senior Payroll Administrator
- Assists with the administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions
- Participates in human resources meetings and in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Attends training and seminars (via online or in person) as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills
- Fosters positive employee relations and works to solve employee issues that surface
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree with a Human Resources focus or equivalent work experience required
- Payroll experience preferred; previous accounting experience, a plus
- FPC or CPP certification, a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.