Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Account Manager serves as the business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The individual in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, this person will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Account Manager projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, colleagues and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Leads projects, deadlines and meetings utilizing project management tools.
• Ensures compliance with professional standards including templates, client calendars and peer review.
• Assists with developing employee communication strategy and the execution of this strategy including management of the open enrollment process.
• Responsible for engagement letter process including the confirmation of our specific scope of services, compensation type and level, project timeframe and required data.
• Responsible for establishing necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration of eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments.
• Resolves client issues via phone or email. May delegate issue to the analyst. If the analyst cannot resolve the issue, the individual will contact carriers and vendors on behalf of the client to resolve these issues.
• Works directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst.
• Compiles health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a spreadsheet template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc.), reviews the transparency documents (compliance documents required for completion of all health and benefits work); maintains all appropriate documents in proper files.
• Peer reviews RFP information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to present to the client.
• Reviews claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis that has been input into a standardized report template by the analyst; analyzes and interprets data for trends; peer reviews customized, client ready reports; submits report to client and replies client questions.
• Reviews Summary Plan Description (SPD), plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compares to benefits that were sold to the client. Ensures benefits are accurately reflected and information is included where appropriate. Follows up with the carriers to ensure changes are reflected.
• Gathers health and welfare benefits data from a national survey, enters it into a template and compares client's plan information to other companies by industry or geography. Interprets results and presents the information to the client.
• May coordinate the work of others.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
• Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
• Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
• Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
• Excellent customer service skills are a must.
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
• Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• College degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Accident and Health lines of coverage is required.
• Must be bilingual. (Spanish/English)
• A Life Accident & Health License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.