Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting the Human Resources team. This individual undertakes a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate daily human resources functions, such as supporting the interview process and aiding the Senior Vice President, Human Resources. With limited supervision, the Human Resources Specialist works accurately and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end completion of human resources operations and projects, contributing to the attainment of specific goals and results of the human resources department and the organization. The Human Resources Specialist exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings and investigations, payroll, personnel relations and organizational changes.
This position is a Hybrid WFH schedule.
- Assists the Senior Vice President, Human Resources with various tasks including providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails or presentations, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Manages the Senior Vice President, Human Resource’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Assists with the administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions.
- Maintains accurate and complete employee records in electronic and paper form, as applicable, and ensures all recordkeeping requirements are met.
- Participates and takes notes in human resources meetings During meetings, also assists in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors the human resources email inbox and ensures all employees inquiries are communicated with the appropriate team members.
- Assists with the recruitment process by scheduling interviews, completing reference and background checks, prepares offer letters and tracks new possible candidates in Paylocity.
- Assists with employee onboarding, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons.
- Manages employee swag including ordering, maintaining, and shipping to new hires and others as applicable.
- Manages offices administration including coordinating events, mailing packages or documents, and handles any facilities requests as needed for the human resources department.
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, worker’s compensation, etc.).
- Completes employment verifications and unemployment claims in conjunction with the human resources department.
- Organizes, maintains and updates employee information as needed.
- Fosters positive employee relations and works to solve employee issues that surface.
- Maintains the human resources department’s calendar and coordinates training sessions and human resources meetings.
- Creates reports as requested for service anniversaries, new hires, terminations, promotions, etc.
- Contacts employees to follow up on assigned training or tasks as needed.
- Distributes internal and external human resources-related inquiries to the appropriate team member.
- Attends training and seminars (via online or in person) as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Maintains labor law posting compliance requirements.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College graduate with Human Resources focus or applicable work experience
- 1 year of office experience preferred
- Human resources experience preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.