Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for planning, designing, and implementing IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity; functions as a coordinating systems analyst; and performs related work as required in support of the internal and external clients.
- Interviews business unit staff to analyze current procedures, system applications and determines needed system modifications and/or enhancements.
- Writes and revises program and system specifications to create directions for development and modifications of program code using a mainframe/personal computer, and other tools.
- Plans, monitors and controls several assigned projects concurrently to effectively use time and programming resources using a mainframe/personal computer, time management skills and project management software.
- Works with leadership to develop detail project plans to identify tasks, task dependencies, critical path and staffing requirements to develop and implement assigned projects.
- Works with business units to develop testing plans, tests and reviews new and modified systems and programs to ensure all programs meet business specifications and efficiency needs.
- Coordinates the installation of new and modified systems with the business unit’s staff.
- Works with system developers, project managers and business staff to further the technical and service abilities of the TPAs including meeting legislative compliance requirements.
- Writes, updates and submits routine, periodic, and special reports to provide information (e.g. project status, description of new computer systems, enhancements to existing systems, etc.) to clients and management using documentation of activities and time spent, a mainframe/personal computer, software, and electronic mail systems.
- Prepares charts, diagrams, correspondence and technical documents to support understanding data and work flows, procedures, processes, scope and project objectives.
- Serves as a technical liaison between the business units, IT and vendors to investigate and resolve problems.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, Power Point and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and claim systems, etc. Knowledge of SQL environment, data warehouse, and run basic SQL queries of the data
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
- Excellent analytical skills
- Working knowledge federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures concerning security and privacy of data and systems
- Requires presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to operate calmly in a high pressure environment
- Flexibility to tackle problems and issues with enthusiasm and tenacity and recognize or anticipate issues that could disrupt productivity
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Business Analyst with in-depth understanding of health insurance claims, administration operations, preferable in a third party administrator environment
- Any combination of course work in computer science management, information systems, or the equivalent business experience
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.