Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibility of the Eligibility Specialist position is to perform a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional work in analyzing and administering the various components of the employee benefits programs offered to ABIS clients, all while maintaining a very high degree of confidentiality.
· Coordinates and prioritizes activity within the Trust eligibility unit to ensure timely completion of client eligibility updates.
· Maintains client eligibility in various eligibility systems for WRB clients including processing client changes, qualifying events, new hires and terminations.
· Adheres to quality standards, deadlines and proper procedures when reviewing and updating eligibility.
· Acts as the resident expert on eligibility systems.
· Enters and updates retirement plan trust accounting system.
· Answers emails, telephone calls, and/or written correspondence related to clients’ eligibility in a timely manner.
· Inputs data to establish and maintain all employee benefits enrollments, changes, and terminations for all benefit plans offered by each client.
· Identifies, researches, and resolves participant benefit issues relative to eligibility and enrollment.
· Produces and/or reviews client invoices for clients who are using WRB outsourcing and administration services.
· Researches and resolves client billing issues to ensure timely payment of monthly premiums.
· Assists with managing data within CRM system and accounting system including managing the integration between the two systems.
· Acts as vendor liaison for commission tracking issues.
· Uses accounting and commission tracking system for invoicing and billing clients as necessary. Provides billing and commission reconciliations as required.
· Monitors and reviews data completion levels within CRM and updates management as appropriate.
· Maintains systems related to client management, enrollment and eligibility throughout year including employee data, rates, eligibility, plan information and contact information.
· Works with other Relation business units to install and maintain required eligibility systems.
· Trains new employees on the eligibility systems available to WRB clients.
· Other duties and projects as assigned
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
· Ability to operate calmly in a high pressure environment
· Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
· Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
· Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
· Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
· Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High school diploma or its equivalent
· 3-5 years’ experience in the insurance industry (or similar) and customer service
· Must have experience and familiarity with multiple benefit eligibility and billing systems
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.