Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Finance Manager is a senior level employee within the company’s Accounting and Finance Department. This position has the direct responsibility and accountability for all corporate accounting, banking, cash management, budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and all financial transactions involving related entities. In addition, this position has responsibility for managing a team of Accounting and Finance employees.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE ROLE
· Responsible for generating the Company’s financial statements and related financial reports in keeping with agreed upon schedules and acceptable levels of accuracy.
· Ensures that all “trust accounts” are in balance, related liabilities are properly recorded and paid per contract terms and that all related parties are communicated with accordingly.
· Develops and maintains accurate records of the Company’s fixed assets, maintains fixed assets listing and resulting depreciated/amortization schedules.
· Actively participates in the development, use and modification of financial software systems that will enable the senior management to monitor financial results and assess future business opportunities.
· Interfaces and coordinates relationships with outside accountants and CPAs to insure delivery of timely and accurate information required for tax returns, audits, etc.
· Develops internal auditing procedures to check accuracy of management information systems, financial reports and Premium Processing functions.
· Prepares quarterly special reports such as Historical Comparisons, Financial Trends, and Variance Analysis.
· Responsible for maintenance of commercial banking relationships including accounts, banking fees, wire transfers, on-line banking, etc.
· Ensures all bank accounts are reconciled in a timely fashion monthly, review and approves reconciliations.
· With the assistance of the Chief Financial Officer develops systems and procedures to insure prudent cash (and checkbook) controls.
· Responsible for maximizing all cash balances, interest income, and related balance reporting.
· Refines and maintains existing methodology to project revenue, cash flows and Company obligations.
· Produces monthly “actual” versus “budgeted” reports – analyzes and reports variances.
· Develops systems and procedures to monitor/report on outstanding receivable and executes Company policy to facilitate timely collection of amounts due the Company.
· Monitors systems and procedures to ensure timely payment of all Company obligations as well as related reporting mechanisms.
· Works with internal and external information systems personnel to monitor and refine systems and procedures that expedite the recording of premiums and facilitate accurate, timely recording and accounting thereof.
· Monitors financials and produces mid-month and month-end financial reports.
· Communicates with senior management at corporate level and provides reporting, financial research and analysis, and executes ad hoc assignments.
· Prepares and files Annual Statements, Franchise Tax, City & County Business Licensing and Taxes.
· Manages and executes weekly operating and trust check printings and preparations.
· Executes monthly Cash Flow Projections, reporting, and management thereof.
· Reviews and approves journal entries, open invoice payables, and bank and trust reconciliations.
· Oversees, directs, and organizes the work of Accounting and Finance employees.
· Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
· Ensures adequate training for staff to facilitate coverage for critical department functions and to ensure proper general recordkeeping and financial controls.
· Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and conducts annual performance reviews.
· Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel
· Must have advanced knowledge of computerized accounting systems
· Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication
Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
· Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
· Prior insurance accounting exposure and familiarity with industry terminology and financial practices
· 10+ years finance and accounting experience including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation
· 6+ years supervisory experience
· CPA a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.