Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Account Manager-Placement Specialist manages the client relationships and strategically assists with technical and complex insurance needs to ensure a high level of client retention. They support the sales process in an effort to retain and grow the business by providing marketing support that is dependable, accurate, accessible and motivated to succeed. They are responsible for assisting Risk Advisors writing new business and remarketing by providing front end underwriting, submitting comprehensive data and information to various markets and communicating with the carriers on accounts in order to determine eligibility and competitive premium. They have full binding authority with various insurance companies and remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business as well as keeping abreast of the types of insurance products available.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE ROLE
- Proactively solicits new and renewal business from Risk Advisor in order to create trust and frequent use of the marketing department.
- Works with Risk Advisors to ensure the needs of the client/prospect have been met such as providing adequate insurance to value on property, satisfying proper co-insurance requirements, correctly classifying exposures, addressing loss history, making coverage recommendations, etc.
- Keeps Risks Advisors informed of markets where information was submitted.
- Follows-up with Underwriters to ensure submissions were received and to inquire as to whether or not further information is required.
- Compares quotes received with application and other quotes. Reviews quotes with Sales Producer.
- Acts as a resource for carrier information including appetite guides, carrier brochures, who to contact and other important information.
- Reviews application and obtains additional information from Risk Advisor or Account Managers as needed.
- Serves as main point of contact for the new business client or prospect. Addresses client/prospect questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, educates client/prospect on exclusions and exposures.
- Assists with the strategic design of insurance plans for clients/prospects with little to no supervision.
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carriers in order to determine whether or not coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate.
- Strategically assists in the remarketing of renewals to ensure a high level of account retention.
- Oversees the preparation of proposals for the client/prospect, including, but not limited to submissions, and risk analysis to ensure timely and accurate quotations and policies. Determines and communicates various options for billing and invoicing
- Prepares and completes proposals and application documents.
- Supports client/prospect needs by accurately producing binders, policies, endorsements, reporting claims and other related items.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save client accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the company’s financial equity.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance and services to clients.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Quickly identifies and resolves complex client/prospect service issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• In-depth understanding of advance personal lines coverage with the ability to advise clients concerning complex insurance needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in the insurance industry preferably in marketing or customer service, or the equivalent of education and experience.
• A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC)
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.