Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
The Associate Legal Counsel works alongside Corporate Legal Counsel to provide legal support on a wide range of corporate legal matters, including contract review and negotiation and regulatory compliance.
This position will:
• Reviews, negotiates and drafts carrier appointments and other vendor and partner agreements critical to the Company’s business and arranges for their proper execution
• Provides counsel and solutions for agency licensing, third-party administrator licensing, and related registrations; prepares and submits requisite reports and notices related to company licenses
• Performs research and analysis for providing legal solutions concerning the legal aspects of the Company’s business transactions and operations
• Prepares subpoena responses; investigates and responds to Departments of Insurance inquiries; reports claim and potential claims to and coordinates any applicable responses with insurance carriers
• Partners in the negotiation, drafting, and review of real estate leases, lease extensions, lease amendments, estoppel certificates, and landlord notices, and resolves lease issues and disputes
• Conducts legal research, interprets laws, rulings and regulations and provides legal opinions to Relation Insurance, Inc.
• Audits, monitors, and provides solutions for compliance with laws, rulings, regulations, agreements, organizational documents, company policies, and lender requirements
• Advises and assists with employment and independent contractor matters, including employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation covenants, and employment law compliance
• Performs other job-related duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned by the General Counsel or her designee
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a high level of drive, energy, persistence, and initiative. We are looking for someone who is proactive, committed, has high standards, achievement oriented, does what it takes to get the job done, and has a high level of enthusiasm. You must be able to demonstrate strong and effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Active license to practice law and admission to at least 1 state bar maintained in good standing required
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the practice of law, law firm experience required
• Prefer regulatory experience, HIPAA compliance experience, and experience in performing diverse duties substantially similar to the essential duties and responsibilities of this position
• Prefer experience practicing law in the insurance industry
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.