Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Human Resources internship provides a unique opportunity to apply what you have studied while pursuing your Bachelor's Degree in a real-world setting by supporting our current team of Human Resources professionals. This individual undertakes a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate daily human resources functions, such as filing, organizing employee records, assisting with inventory and preparing FedEx packages and mailing. With limited supervision, the Human Resources Intern works accurately and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end completion of human resources operations and projects, contributing to the attainment of specific goals and results of the human resources department and the organization. The Human Resources Intern exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings and investigations, payroll, personnel relations and organizational changes.
• Provides comprehensive administrative support for day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department
• Organizes Human Resources databases and records
• Establishes and maintains personnel records, files correspondence and prepares reports
• Handles sensitive documents and processes and prepares incoming and outgoing mail
• Assists with overall recruiting functions and organizes onboarding as necessary
• Performs other projects and duties as assigned
• Highly detailed and accurate, with excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
• Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
• Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner to both internal and external customers and clients.
• Goal-oriented and self-motivated. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, and does what it takes to get the job done.
• Ability to work independently and to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School diploma of equivalent required, currently pursuing College degree in Business or other relevant discipline with a Human Resources focus preferred
• Previous office experience preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.