Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Accounts Payable Lead will oversee all activities within the accounts payable function. The responsibilities within this role will include but are not be limited to ensuring the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, managing the weekly cash disbursement process, annual 1099 tax preparation, oversight of the timely and accurate payments to vendors and resolution of vendor related issues. The person in this position will also provide leadership for direct reports, including training, professional development, and performance reviews, to support individual growth and success.
• Maintains vendor relationships as well as vendor set-up and maintenance
• Manages the weekly cash disbursement process
• Oversees the preparation of annual 1099s
• Ensures all w-9’s for vendors are on file
• Reviews vendor statement to ensure all invoices have been received and reconciled
• Works collaboratively with all department to resolve invoicing discrepancies
• Ensures adherence to internal controls over financial reporting as it relates to account payables/receivables
• Ensures compliance with internal financial processes and controls
• Oversees the timely and accurate posting and processing of journal entries
• Oversees the timely and accurate completion of bank reconciliations
• Manages the unclaimed property reporting on vendor and claims payments
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• Thorough understanding of accounting principles
• Strong knowledge of computerized accounting systems
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in the Accounting field
• Agency Insurance knowledge a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.