Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the entire Human Resources team. This position will partner with the Director, Human Resources on enhancing the employee experience, training, development and support our high-performance culture. The Human Resources Generalist will also be responsible for actively participating in the following functional areas: employment and payroll law compliance, policy improvement and implementation, participating in the recruiting process, onboarding new employees, offboarding exiting employees, accurate recordkeeping, and department auditing initiatives. The Human Resources Generalist exercises individual judgment and the utmost discretion when managing sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings, payroll, personnel relations and organizational changes.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE ROLE
· Contributes to the development and administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions. Helping to improve and increase the synergies of human resources programs, policies, practices and processes to meet the strategic and operational issues of the Relation organization.
· Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, worker’s compensation, etc.). Maintains knowledge of Human Resources policies, programs, laws and issues. Implements practices to reduce EPL exposure.
· Partners in the investigation and proposed resolution for employee relation issues and complaints. Assists in recommendation regarding proposed disciplinary process.
· In collaboration with the Director, Human Resources, maintains the performance management system and manages the annual review process for assigned territory.
· Supports with the design, implementation and administration of the performance management programs.
· Promotes knowledge and understanding Relation policies and of relevant employment laws through coaching and training.
· Partners with the Director of Human Resources on complex performance management issues, including addressing under performance and preparing performance improvement plans.
· Partners in advising and training managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies.
· Promotes and champions the Company’s mission, vision, and culture by assisting in resolving work-related conflicts through advice and recommendation.
· Builds strong relationships with supervisors, managers and leaders.
· Creates and updates position descriptions as well as develops employee career paths and ladders.
· Contributes to the development of compensation programs and analysis; participates in compensation reviews and completes salary surveys.
· As needed, will partner with the Talent Acquisition Team in the recruitment process including reviewing resumes, conducting phone interviews and scheduling manager interviews, reference and background checks, and preparation of offer letters; acting as a back stop to the recruiting team, as needed.
· Partners to create, schedule and conduct new hire orientations, benefit orientations and other employee training sessions, including assisting in the management of the company’s Learning Platform.
· Completes 90, 120 and 160 day stay interviews with new employees and reports on trends.
· May assist with the implementation and maintenance of FMLA/CFRA and leave of absence policies and procedures.
· Assists in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and payroll laws.
· Compiles exit information for terminating employees, conducts exit interviews and reports on trends.
· Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and assists with communicating such policies and procedures to all levels of associates.
· Actively participates in human resources administrative meetings and in developing department goals, objectives and systems. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to aid in continual improvements.
· Attends training and seminars (via online or in person) as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
· Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
· Highly detailed and accurate, with excellent organizational skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly
· Solid understanding of rules and regulations associated with HIPAA, FMLA and other employment laws
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· College graduate or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of human resources experience
· PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.