Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the entire Human Resources team in supporting all regions of Relation Insurance, Inc. This position is responsible for actively participating in the following functional areas: employment and payroll law compliance, policy improvement and implementation, participating in the recruiting process, onboarding new employees, offboarding exiting employees, accurate recordkeeping, training and development, employee engagement and department auditing initiatives. The Human Resources Generalist exercises individual judgment and the utmost discretion when managing sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings and investigations, payroll, personnel relations and organizational changes.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
The person in this role will:
Contribute to the development and administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions helping to improve and increase the synergies of human resources programs, policies, practices and processes to meet the strategic and operational issues of the Relation organization.
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, worker’s compensation, etc.). Maintains knowledge of Human Resources policies, programs, laws and issues. Implements practices to reduce EPL exposure.
- Provide support in the investigation and proposed resolution for employee relation issues and complaints. Assists in recommendation regarding proposed disciplinary process.
- Manage employee status changes, promotion letters, transition letters, rate changes (including seeking appropriate approvals and entering into the company’s system)
- Creates and updates position descriptions as well as develops employee career paths and ladders
- Actively partner with the Talent Acquisition Team in the recruitment process including reviewing resumes, conducting phone interviews and scheduling manager interviews, reference and background checks, and preparation of offer letters; acting as a back stop to the department as needed
- Partner to create, schedule and conduct new hire orientations, benefit orientations and other employee training sessions, including assisting in the management of the company’s Learning Platform
- Compile exit information for terminating employees, conduct exit interviews and report on trends
- Create, administer and track employee specific surveys and creates reporting/presentations on results as appropriate
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and assists with communicating such policies and procedures to all levels of associates
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with high level of drive, energy, persistence and initiative. This person needs to be proactive, committed, have high standards, be achievement oriented, and do what it takes to get the job done with a high level of enthusiasm. In order to be successful, you must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in Business or Human Resources preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of human resources experience
- Knowledge of, and experience with, employee benefits and the ACA
- Solid understanding of rules and regulations associated with HIPAA, FMLA and other employment laws
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.