Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Relation Insurance Services, a leading national insurance brokerage firm, is looking for a Financial Analyst to work with the company’s Finance team to help oversee its banking relationships and accounts and support its overall corporate finance functions. The person in this position will be responsible for working with our acquired agencies and moving its banking relationships to Relation’s key financial institutions, consolidating bank accounts and overseeing the setup of new accounts.
The Financial Analyst combines overall accounting knowledge and analytical ability with strong interpersonal skills to support and manage sensitive, highly visible work. Reporting to and working directly with the Controller as well as working closely with other members of the Finance leadership team.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Works directly with banking financial institutions to open/close accounts associated with acquired agencies.
- Coordinates the needs of acquired agencies and determines which bank functions they require and works to consolidate the number of accounts
- Tracks the bank accounts and all the financial institutions that Relation maintains across its business units
- Participates in month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries for assigned business units
- Reviews and tracks financial results of business units versus budgets, including supporting the preparation of requisite documentation, investigation, and related impact studies
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Partners with management on special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders and ad hoc reporting
- Partners in administrative activities for the Finance team which might include expense tracking, intercompany transactions, EE expense reimbursements
- Partners with management with special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders, and ad hoc reporting
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong oral and written communication
- Solid problem solving, relationship management, and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Familiarity with analyzing, preparing and reconciling financial statements and analytical variances
- Strong time management skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or Statistics preferred
- 1-2 years of previous experience required
- Previous banking experience helpful
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.