Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the subsequent managerial reports and financial statements for assigned business units. The person in this position is also responsible for ensuring the integrity of account information by recording verifying, consolidating, and entering accounting transactions.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles monthly bank account and balance sheets for all assigned business units.
- Analyzes revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries Communicates and assists in resolution of discrepancies from sub ledger reconciliations. Participates in month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries for assigned business units.
- Assists management with special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders and ad hoc reporting.
- Prepares schedules for year-end audit for independent external auditors. Researches issues, clarifies information, and prepares supporting data.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel
- Must have advanced knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or Statistics preferred
- Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
- 5+ years finance and accounting experience
- Agency Insurance knowledge a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.