Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Relation Risk Management Internship Program has at the core of its mission the desire to assist promising undergraduate students who might encounter challenges landing an internship at a Fortune-500 company in developing skills for the work force through an internship experience in a collaborative, friendly, and stimulating work environment.
The internship opportunity will involve challenging college-level work to help an intern develop diverse skills to be successful in the workplace and supplement his/her experience in the classroom. The risk management intern will provide high-level support by conducting research, assistance in preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, shadowing senior management, production and client support teams in day to day activities in order to gain exposure to the insurance selling, service cycles, field underwriting, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
· Current sophomore, junior, or senior
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
· Preferred majors: Risk Management, Business, Marketing/Sales
· Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Please note that, at this time, Relation does not intend to offer this program under OPT or CPT.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Strong analytical skills and a creative problem-solving approach
· Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail and good work ethic
· Passion for learning and leadership ability
· Minimum intermediate level of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
· Demonstrated organization and time management skills
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Enthusiasm to be part of a growing organization that thrives on change
What we offer:
· On-the-job training
· Opportunity to obtain work experience
· A mentor to provide support and guidance
· Challenging, meaningful projects
· Real opportunity to add value
· Advantage of a collaborative team setting with talented coworkers who care deeply about the Relation vision
An internship at Relation will provide you with a highly educational industry experience, as well as the opportunity, tools, and resources to make a positive impact on our organization while using your creativity and learning to work in a professional environment.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.