Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Paralegal provides high-quality, timely, and effective support to the Legal Department and has responsibility for obtaining and maintaining requisite insurance and other licenses, assisting with due diligence and integration related to the Company’s acquisitions, performing routine contract reviews, retaining and managing the Legal Department’s files and other duties as assigned. All such duties must be performed with a high level of attention to detail, integrity and professionalism.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Obtain and maintain necessary carrier appointments for Relation.
• Obtain and provide requisite information to carriers and third party partners.
• Assist with due diligence, closings, integration, and other aspects of Relation acquisitions.
• Assist with review and approval of ordinary course business contracts.
• Maintain Legal Department files in designated electronic document storage system, enter and maintain information and documents in such system.
• Obtain and maintain brokerage licenses for Relation Insurance, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Relation”).
• Obtain and maintain third-party administrator licenses or registrations for Relation and file necessary annual and other required reports related to such licenses and registrations.
• Obtain and maintain domestic and foreign qualifications for Relation, including compliance with annual or other periodic reporting or renewal requirements.
• Obtain and maintain fictitious name registrations for Relation.
• Obtain and maintain local business, occupancy and other licenses and registrations for Relation.
• Coordinate and maintain service relationships with 3H Corporate Services and other third-party service providers that assist Paralegal and Legal Department with the foregoing duties and responsibilities regarding Departments of Insurance, Secretaries of State, and the like.
• Obtain and review legal-related invoices from law firms and other service providers and arrange for payment of expenses following General Counsel’s approval.
• Assist with obtaining corporate officer signatures on documents approved by attorneys in Relation’s Legal Department.
• Maintain minute books for parent company and all subsidiaries; organize and/or file board and shareholder resolutions and minutes.
• Provide administrative assistance to Legal Department and other members of corporate office.
• Provide back-up support to assistant to Chief Executive Officer, President, and/or Chief Financial Officer as needed.
• Assist with corporate events and meetings.
• Performs other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned by the General Counsel or legal department.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism and protect confidential and proprietary information
• Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent data entry skills
• Proficient with databases and running reports
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Paralegal certificate preferred
• Brokerage and third party administration licensing experience preferred
• Insurance industry experience preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.