WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking individuals with a strong drive for success, a passion for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results to fill the role of Account Manager. The Account Manager manages the client relationships and strategically assists with technical and complex insurance needs to ensure a high level of client retention. They have full binding authority with various insurance companies and remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business as well as keeping abreast of the types of insurance products available.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Serves as main point of contact for the client. Addresses client questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, educates client on exclusions and exposures.
- Assists with the strategic design of insurance plans for clients with little to no supervision.
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carriers in order to determine whether or not coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate.
- Strategically assists in the remarketing of renewals to ensure a high level of account retention.
- Oversees the preparation of proposals for the client, including, but not limited to submissions, loss evaluations and risk analysis to ensure timely and accurate quotations and policies. Determines and communicates various options for billing and invoicing.
- Prepares summaries of insurance and schedules. Supports client needs by accurately producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims by obtaining adjusters and/or arranging a visit from a member of the claims team. Facilitates the prompt response from carriers and their staff in an effort to work toward a settlement of all claims.
- Reviews policy audits and verifies their accuracy. Confirms necessary corrections between the client and the carrier are executed. Proactively communicates with client any significant audit differences and determines the need for further action.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save client accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the company’s financial equity.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance and services to clients.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Quickly identifies and resolves complex client service issues.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ account management experience in the insurance industry in commercial lines and commercial lines of coverage is required.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.