WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Director, Operations will provide leadership in promoting the Relation value proposition and Core Operating Principles, as well as work with Sales and Marketing to ensure that the groups described are working to drive client satisfaction, retention and growth. This position will support Relation’s Great Lakes and Central Regions and includes up to 30% of the role travelling.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Provides leadership to the assigned region’s lines practice group and ensures the unit operates efficiently and profitably, while delivering legendary service to clients and fostering an environment that employees are inspired to thrive.
- Works with Sales and Marketing leadership and teams to ensure resources are aligned with our value proposition.
- Leads Analytics in developing and delivering business intelligence so that executive leadership can measure, monitor, and make informed decisions to execute strategies for account/program management, and business operations.
- Along with other executive leadership, fosters the development and maintenance of business relationships with carriers, vendors and other external partners.
- Provides guiding authority to team members reporting up through the Director, Operations (either directly or indirectly).
- Participates in and leads strategic initiatives as identified.
- Coordinates/directs general day to day account management activities.
- Steadily drives the improvement in product and service offerings to make Relation more desirable to clients and prospects while creating reliable delivery of our services.
- Consistently hires, monitors, trains and develops exceptional account management and client service team members to secure retention of current clients to include annual renewals and high client satisfaction.
- Partners and collaborates with operational teams and account management leadership across the company to achieve initiatives as determined by the company’s National Service Organization, ensuring account services processes are seamless regardless of location or support team.
- Provides guidance, mentorship, and performance reviews for direct reports.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required must be maintained.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. CEBS, CIC, CBP, etc.).
- College degree preferred or comparable work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in sales/client service industry.
- Demonstrated management experience or leadership in a client service environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of lines of coverage.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications and password administration on carrier sites.
- Exceptional knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of in team leadership and the ability to successfully accomplish departmental goals.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.