WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The person in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Account Manager will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Account Manager is expected to project a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, coworkers, and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients and leads appropriate resources to address the client’s risk management needs.
- Develops a thorough understanding of clients’ business strategic priorities, and comfort level to risk.
- Understands client’s deficiencies in coverage and consults with them to make sure they are fully covered to limit any exposures.
- Analyzes commercial lines accounts and makes decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and control.
- Establishes credibility (knowledge/trust) to both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates technical competency and creates innovative solutions.
- Communicates and captures the value that Relation brings to client.
- Secures existing business and drives the sale of additional service and coverages.
- Develops and analyzes program and coverage options across lines of business. Presents new business or renewal proposals to client.
- Gathers new business or renewal information to complete applications and related documentation for submission to appropriate insurance markets.
- Prepares account summaries, as required.
- Participates in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Services Relation Xpress/Small commercial lines accounts according to the Relation “Legendary Service” format.
- Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, Relation’s compliance practices and external compliance requirements.
- Maintains and updates electronic files.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage, and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance, and services to clients.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
- College degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Commercial lines of coverage is required.
- Insurance Designations, a plus.
- Spanish Speaking, a plus.
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of commercial lines of coverage.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier enrollment sites.
- Exceptional knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sales Oriented.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.