WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking individuals with a strong drive for success, a passion for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results to fill the role of Consultant. The Consultant serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The person in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure legendary service delivery. In addition, the Consultant will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Consultant is expected to project a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, team members and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Leads client teams' projects, deadlines and meetings utilizing project management tools.
- Ensures compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar and peer review process.
- Develops employee communications strategy and oversees other team members in the execution of this strategy including management of open enrollment process.
- Accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts.
- Responsible for establishing necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts.
- Resolves client issues via phone or email.
- Works directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal underwriter and account managers.
- Reviews the underwriter and/or account manager’s compilation of the health benefits information from a variety of sources.
- Peer reviews RFP information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to be sent to the client.
- Reviews claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis that has been input into a standardized report template by the underwriter and/or account manager.
- Reviews Summary Plan Description (SPD), plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compare to the benefits that were sold to the client.
- Generates new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the sales plan.
- Gathers health and welfare benefits data from a national survey, inputs it into a template and compares the client's plan information (such as the benefits they offer, rates, and contributions) to other companies by industry or geography.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A Life Accident & Health License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
- College degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Accident and Health lines of coverage is required.
- In-depth understanding of lines of coverage for employee benefit plans: medical, dental, life, long-term disability (LTD), short-term disability (STD), accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), vision, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Exceptional knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with HIPAA, COBRA, Health Care Reform and all other legislation and compliance related areas to Group Health programs.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier enrollment sites.
- Valid driver’s license; the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.