Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary focus of the Account Executive will be to serve as the primary business contact, responsible for client satisfaction while consistently providing excellent customer service, as well as representing client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. The Account Executive will be responsible for providing accurate and responsive management on more complex accounts while supplying leadership in a team environment. In addition, the Account Executive will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Serves as client advocate and a primary point of contact for assigned accounts.
- Develops professional business relationships with all clients and demonstrates a clear understanding of the client’s core business.
- Manages client expectations, service commitments, and anticipates needs of the client.
- Understands client’s deficiencies in coverage and consults with them to make sure they are fully covered to limit any exposures.
- Analyses commercial lines accounts and makes decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and control.
- Works with larger and complex accounts and assists clients with the strategic design of insurance plans.
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carrier in order to determine if coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate.
- Strategically remarkets renewals to ensure a high level of account retention.
- Prepares proposals for the client, including, but not limited to submissions, loss evaluations and risk analysis to ensure timely and accurate quotations and policies. Determines and communicates various options for billing and invoicing.
- Provides service to current and new clients by informing and educating them concerning policy coverage and/or changes in an automated environment.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims by obtaining adjusters or visits from agency staff (i.e. Claims Advocate). Facilitates the prompt response from carriers and their staff in an effort to work toward a settlement of all claims.
- Reviews audits of policies and verifies their accuracy. Confirms necessary corrections between the client and the carrier are executed. Proactively communicates with client any significant audit differences and determines the need for further action.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the agency’s financial equity.
- Maintains and updates electronic files.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance and services to clients.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of commercial lines of coverage.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of risk management and loss control.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online agency management systems and carrier sites.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry required.
- CPCU and/or Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Designations, a plus.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.