Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Regional Broking Director oversees development and implementation of streamlined processes across key market-related operations of the assigned Region, including placement, marketing & communications, contract management, and market relations. This position will play a pivotal role in executing on Relation’s coordinated broking strategy at a regional level, including development and management of senior level market relationships in the Region.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Oversees market relationships with strategic trading partners in Relation’s assigned Region and uses those relationships to deliver improved results for Relation and its clients.
- Leads build out and management of core placement resources.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Relation’s national broking strategy and translates that understanding into a series of actionable initiatives to be executed locally.
- Understands nuances of market agreements and contracts in the assigned Region, leveraging deep knowledge of agreements and the insurance marketplace to support growth objectives of the business.
- Develops and implements local internal communication strategy to ensure proactive and organized delivery of market-related insight to Relation colleagues.
- Supports design and implementation of enhanced integration processes for newly acquired partners.
- Establishes a series of best practices to efficiently address high priority brokerage needs.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the insurance marketplace, products and services, developing productive business relationships with key insurance players.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office’s Suite of products, most notably Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly.
- Advanced verbal and written skills to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational/time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner to both internal and external customers and clients.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in related field preferred or comparable work experience.
- 10+ years proven experience in operations, preferably in insurance brokerage.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.