Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Billing Reconciliation and Eligibility Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate billing and eligibility processes for our clients’ employee benefits programs. The specialist will work closely with our clients and insurance carriers to reconcile billing statements and manage eligibility to ensure that all members are accurately enrolled and eligible for coverage.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Ensures the integrity of data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, and analysis.
- Collects and organizes appropriate records and billing data from a variety of sources.
- Analyzes data, interprets the results, and provides written summary of data analyses.
- Gathers and delivers client ready ad-hoc analyses.
- Researches and resolves client billing issues relative to eligibility and billing reconciliation.
- Coordinates and prioritizes activity within the eligibility unit to ensure timely completion of client eligibility updates.
- Maintains client eligibility in various eligibility systems for clients including processing client changes, qualifying events, new hires, and terminations.
- Adheres to quality standards, deadlines and proper procedures when reviewing and updating eligibility.
- Responds to emails, telephone calls, and/or written correspondence related to clients’ eligibility in a timely manner.
- Inputs data to establish and maintain all employee benefits enrollments, changes, and terminations for all benefit plans offered by each client.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves participant benefit issues relative to eligibility and enrollment.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier online portals.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel).
- Familiarity with formulas and tools for organizing and comparing information (i.e. Filters, Vlookup, Concatenate, Text, Trim, Flash Fill, Remove Duplicates, etc.)
- Must be able to handle a high level of emails in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with HIPAA.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of health insurance plans and enrollment processes is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and others.
- Strong ability to analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Strong ability to organize and manipulate data to compare information in various file formats.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to operate calmly in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- At minimum 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry preferred.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.