Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Sales and Account Management teams in servicing and retaining clients. The Assistant Account Manager works to ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from clients, prospects and members of the production and account management staff.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Participates in basic client services such as issuing Certificates of Insurance, Invoicing, and ID Cards.
- Under the direction of the Sales and Account Manager orders various endorsements from carriers, confirms changes to client, follows-up on receipt of endorsements, verifies their accuracy and delivers to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and renewal submissions for the client.
- Processes a variety of documents such as policy audits, cancellations and reinstatements.
- Orders various reports, loss runs, MVR’s and follows-up on receipt.
- Assists with spreadsheets and premium allocations.
- Prepares summaries of insurance with guidance from Account Manager.
- Prepares ACORD applications and other applications; enters client data into on-line insurer portals.
- Handles or refers underwriters’ questions to the appropriate party.
- Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
- Meets with clients and insurance company representatives as requested by Sales and Account Management teams.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Proficient in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems.
- Working knowledge of commercial lines of coverage.
- Intermediate knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma.
- 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Lines Customer Service.
- Bilingual a must or plus depending on location.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.