Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Client Service Specialist assists with the day-to-day maintenance of customer files and acts as the front-line administrative processor. They remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business, stay abreast of the types of insurance products available and work with clients and others in a professional manner.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Orders renewal policies. Checks renewal policies against proposals and bills policies in agency management system.
- Handles endorsements including entering on company websites, follows up on endorsements not received from carriers, checks endorsements for accuracy, bills endorsements and sends to client.
- Follows up on new business submissions with carriers for submissions not being handled by Risk Placement Specialists.
- Enters and rates policies in carrier websites and orders new policies as needed.
- Issues standard certificates of insurance and other forms for holders (e.g. EOP, Binders, etc.).
- Checks on payment status of direct bill policies to assure policies are not cancelled and alerts appropriate Account Manager if policies are in danger of cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
- Follows up on claims and current status, updating the agency management system with claims activity, payments closures, etc.
- Check audits for accuracy and reviews with agency staff as appropriated. Bill audits, creates audit review letter and sends to client.
- Order motor vehicle reports “MVRs” and loss run as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in using computers, Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel), agency management systems software, and online rating systems.
- Knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Working knowledge of commercial lines of coverage.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma.
- Bilingual a must or a plus depending on location.
- 3+ years' experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with commercial lines experience.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.