Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Claims Consultant will assist the claims and loss control teams in handling workers’ compensation claims of moderate to high exposure and complexity. The individual in this position will resolve claims according to Best Practices and within authority limits and will act as a direct liaison between clients, teammates, claim adjusters and defense counsel.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Evaluates claims to determine potential exposure; makes recommendations concerning the value of the claim; oversees litigation and assists in the negotiation of settlements.
- Escalates issues as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution.
- Evaluates high exposure workers’ compensation claims for settlement and appropriateness of established reserves.
- Provides daily assistance to client’s management staff, teammates, claims adjusters, insurers, and defense counsel by answering claims related questions or concerns in the administration and management of claims, return-to-work issues, and other claims matters.
- Analyzes claims data to identify needed loss control interventions and assists with the development of appropriate loss prevention programs as requested.
- Works with loss control teams in coordinating training and education to facilities on workers’ compensation processes and procedures as needed and requested.
- Coordinates the handling of workers’ compensation subpoenas in an expeditious manner.
- Provides reporting and analysis on key metrics related to assigned territory(ies), including analytics on projected and/or established medical provider networks.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, teammates, claim adjusters, defense counsel and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
- Proficient to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Enthusiastic, dependable and highly motivated.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Self-directed organizational, attention to detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and initiative.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in related field preferred or comparable work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in managing and/or handling workers’ compensation claims.
- Workers’ Compensation Certification Required.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.