Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliation.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Remote bank deposits for checks received onsite.
- Post incoming wires/ACH payments from clients.
- Posts ACH commission receipts and commission check deposits.
- Processes benefits, personal, and/or commercial lines direct bill commissions. Searches customer and policy numbers and enter premiums and commissions received from insurance carriers.
- Processes company commission due statements. Requires research to ensure funds have not already been paid to carriers, and initiate payments to carriers when necessary.
- Processes intercompany journal entries and commission re-classes and manages the direct bill receivables report.
- Reconciles direct bill general ledger accounts to ensure all monies deposited are appropriately recorded in the general ledger.
- Maintains the Monthly Revenue Log, Carrier Website Login spreadsheet, and DB commission statement folders.
- Communicates with carriers to obtain commission statements and pulls monthly statements from company websites.
- Communicates with company personnel to resolve discrepancies and to verify policy and commission information.
- Printing and mailing of premium checks.
- Process vendor invoices in Accrualify for payments.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
- Advanced problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred.
- Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
- 2 years finance and accounting experience preferred.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.