Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities. We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Assistant Client Service Specialist assists with the day-to-day maintenance of customer files and acts as the front-line administrative processor. The Assistant Client Service Specialist provides first in class hospitality to internal and external clients, vendors and team members. The individual in this position remains knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business, stays abreast of the types of insurance products available and works with clients and others in a professional manner.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Greets clients and office visitors on a daily basis.
- Answers telephone calls from clients and contacts and directs to appropriate team member.
- Supports Relation team members in peer reviewing and assembly of client presentations.
- Maintains day to day office support functions such as stocking printers, handling sensitive documents and mail, deliveries, and other needs.
- Attends Relation team meetings to take notes and document meetings as needed.
- Provides back up support to client support teams, eligibility and enrollment and/or agency management systems as needed.
- Provides internal support for the development and completion of client projects as needed.
- Assists with the clients’ employee benefits communication materials and enrollment.
- Assists with maintaining carrier files with updated contracts and correspondence.
- Assists with preparation of proposals for new clients and the renewal process for existing clients.
- Coordinates with the Account Manager to ensure clients receive key deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acts as ambassador of Relation culture to clients, teams and visitors.
- Performs administrative duties (filing, photocopying and faxing) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Composes correspondence and/or reports.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Proficient in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems.
- Basic knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Basic knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with HIPAA.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma.
- Bilingual a must or a plus depending on location.
- 2+ years’ Customer Service experience with preference given to individuals with life, health and accident experience.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.