Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Senior Consultant serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The person in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Senior Consultant will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Senior Consultant is expected to project a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, coworkers and others. The level of support depends on the size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account. Is responsible for managing a $1 million+ book.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Leads client teams' projects, deadlines and meetings utilizing project management tools.
- Ensures compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar and peer review process.
- Develops employee communications strategy and oversees other team members in the execution of this strategy including management of open enrollment process.
- Accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts.
- Responsible for establishing necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration of eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments.
- Resolves client issues via phone or email. May delegate issue to the analyst and if the analyst cannot resolve the issue, the Senior Consultant will then contact carriers and vendors on behalf of the client.
- Works directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal underwriter and account managers.
- Reviews the Underwriter and/or Account Manager’s compilation of the health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a spreadsheet template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc.), reviews the transparency documents (compliance documents required for completion of all health and benefits work); maintain all appropriate documents in proper files.
- Peer reviews RFP information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to be sent to the client.
- Reviews claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis that has been input into a standardized report template by the underwriter and/or account manager; analyzes and interprets data for trends; peer reviews customized, client ready reports; submits report to client and replies to any questions the client may have.
- Reviews Summary Plan Description (SPD), plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compares to the benefits that were sold to the client. Ensures all benefits are accurately reflected, following a checklist to ensure that all necessary information is included where appropriate. Follows up with the carriers to make sure necessary changes are reflected.
- Generates new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the sales plan. Introduces other Relation products and services to clients.
- Gathers health and welfare benefits data from a national survey, inputs it into a template and compares the client's plan information (such as the benefits they offer, rates, and contributions) to other companies by industry or geography. The Senior Consultant is responsible for interpreting the results and presenting the information to the client.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of lines of coverage for employee benefit plans: medical, dental, life, long-term disability (LTD), short-term disability (STD), accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), vision, etc.
- Must understand the components to how rates are created, maintained and delivered on new business and renewals.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier enrollment sites.
- Exceptional knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with HIPAA, COBRA, Health Care Reform and all other legislation and compliance related areas to Group Health programs.
- Exceptional knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Accident and Health lines of coverage is required.
- A Life Accident & Health License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.