Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a key contributor to Relation’s continued growth and financial success, driving the Company’s planning and forecasting efforts and being involved in various high profile strategic and operational initiatives. The multifaceted nature of this role will also require you to frequently interact with executive management across the Company.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Develops, implements and leads the processes for ongoing reporting on the Company’s financial and operational performance
- Acts as the key driver of the Company’s annual budgeting process
- Evaluates the financial impact of business decisions and opportunities through financial modeling and IRR/NPV analyses
- Performs various analyses of Company and business unit performance and incorporate findings in presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors
- Manages special projects as needed for business unit leaders and executive management
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel (including financial modeling, pivot tables, and macros), PowerPoint and Word (experience working with large datasets a plus)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and communicate key financial and operating drivers of the business
- Understanding of key financial analyses such as IRR, NPV and ROI
- Energetic and entrepreneurial approach
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and independently when necessary
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to perform and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Is proactive, committed, has high standards, achievement-oriented and does what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated and established leader and team member
- Tenacious and proficient at developing long term relationships
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to present to groups in person and via webinar
- Self-motivated with a high level of drive, energy, persistence, enthusiasm and initiative
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or similar required
- MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in financial planning, investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, and/or strategic planning
- Experience in the insurance industry a plus, but not required
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.