Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Responsible for assisting with the coordination of the County's benefits programs including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, deferred compensation, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefits, as well as the administration of all retiree benefits, billing and processing.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- This position will require strict confidentiality with highly sensitive employee information. Must handle confidential information using sound judgment and the utmost discretion.
- Communicates with employees at all levels of the organization. Answers a large volume of telephone inquiries regarding a variety of general benefits questions with a focus on providing excellent customer service. Facilitates effective resolution with carriers and employees. Research information and responds verbally or in writing as necessary. Serves as liaison between benefits administration staff and County employees.
- Updates and maintains electronic employee files on the Benefit Focus platform and assists the payroll department with deductions or changes as it relates to the payroll system. Verifies and updates employee records; maintains benefits information in employee and retiree files; and investigates, analyzes and resolves a wide range of routine benefits issues.
- Meets with retiring employees to educate, inform, and counsel them on their available benefits, reviews costs, and processes retiree benefits applications. Explains, prepares, and processes all retiree applications to FRS including regular retirement applications and DROP entries and exits.
- Processes retiree elections and subsequent billing and reports this data on specified spreadsheet to Finance for the process of ACH withdrawals. Serves as liaison between benefits administration staff and Finance department. Assists with any COBRA compliance issues or requests from COBRA processing vendor.
- Assists with the preparation of Countywide benefits open enrollment to include the preparation of benefit material and literature; organizes, maintains and updates benefits records and assists with the preparation of educational sessions and coordination of workshops for Medicare open enrollment.
- Verifies, compiles, and records statistical and narrative information for the preparation of reports and records utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software; prepares correspondences, records, and reports based on data obtained from a variety of sources; and completes routine benefit surveys.
- Ensures compliance with all plan documents, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and Federal and State regulations.
- Prepares all communication materials distributed to employees regarding government and legal compliance issues and/or requirements for mass distribution and assures that distribution is complete.
- Meets with employees visiting the office. Assists with the verification of life events for requested benefit changes.
- Assists with special projects as necessary to include Benefits, Wellness & Safety Fair, retiree and employee workshops, education, and training events, etc.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation to educate, inform, and counsel employees on their employee benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, deferred compensation plans, and voluntary benefits.
- Assists and provides internal support for the development and completion of client projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in using computers, Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel), agency management systems software, and online rating systems
- Working knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
- Working knowledge of health and accident lines of coverage
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual a must or a plus depending on location
- 3+ years’ experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with life, health and accident experience
- A Life, Health and Accident License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.