Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Sales and Account Management and Consulting teams in servicing and retaining clients. The Assistant Account Manager works to ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from clients, prospects and members of the production and account management staff. This individual is expected to project a professional company image through all interaction with clients, insurance carriers, vendors, team members and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Serves as client advocate and a primary point of contact for assigned accounts.
• Develops professional business relationships with all clients and demonstrates a clear understanding of the client’s core business.
• Assists in managing client expectations, service commitments, and anticipates needs of the client.
• Answers email, telephone calls, and/or written correspondence related to client’s employee benefit plans in a timely manner. Documents all client interaction and updates client service logs.
• Assists with identifying, conducting research, and resolving participant benefit issues.
• On behalf of the client, conducts research on billing issues.
• Upon the direction of the Account Manager and/or Producer, coordinates with the clients on the accumulation of census data, history of plans, and all other data for insurance carrier quotes.
• Assists with managing open enrollment and the preparation of presentation materials, employee handouts, and other informational tools for client meetings.
• Quickly identifies and resolves basic client service issues.
• Handles benefit enrollments and terminations for assigned clients.
• Recommends process improvements as needed.
• Assists with the creation of client presentations using Excel and PowerPoint to summarize client data obtained from vendors or Relation Account Managers; may involve developing charts in Excel to summarize data for use in PowerPoint.
• Assists with gathering necessary data from the vendor or client; reviews to ensure it is complete, accurate, and reasonable.
• Assists in the review of external vendor contracts, summary plan documents, and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements,
• Researches client issues by contacting carriers and vendors on behalf of the client and determines when issues need to be escalated to the consultant level,
• Summary Plan Description (SPD) Reviews: Reviews the SPD from the carrier and compares it to the client's benefits for accuracy; follows up with the carriers to make any necessary changes are made.
• Understands and demonstrates project management skills such as: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, participating in client calls, and meetings as appropriate.
• Assists with creating spreadsheets and premium allocations.
• Prepares summaries of insurance with guidance from Account Manager
• Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in document management systems.
• Meets with clients and insurance company representatives as requested by Sales and Account Management teams.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma.
• Bilingual a must or a plus depending on location.
• 5+ years’ experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with life, health and accident experience.
• A Life, Health and Accident License from state of domicile is required upon hire or within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.