The Vice President, Operations will develop a world-class infrastructure and customer service delivery model that delights our customers, empowers our service team and provides deep operational insight into our business. The individual in this position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and teams in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This individual is responsible for creating an operations department that is efficient and can scale the business to support substantial growth.
- Partners with the executive leadership team to establish strategic plans, operational objectives and policies and procedures.
- Partners with and collaborates with Finance and business unit leaders to meet the financial and operational objectives of the business.
- Provides analytical framework and financial and operational metrics to drive informed business decisions, which incorporate trends early to capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks.
- Identifies, plans and implements key projects and procedures to improve the efficiency and scalability of the Operations team.
- Reviews and revises procedures and workflows to keep pace with technology advancements, industry or market changes and compliance-related issues.
- Collaborates with management to develop, communicate and implement actionable plans for systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth of our organization.
- Creates a set of process flows across business units that are consistent, repeatable and highly efficient and used uniformly across Relation.
- Steadily drives the improvement in product and service offerings to make Relation more desirable to clients and prospects while creating reliable delivery of our services across all business entities.
- Measures the effectiveness of internal and external processes and provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Develops and manages the training program for support staff.
- Develops and manages a structured and repeatable acquisition integration process that ensures an exceptional experience for all involved.
- Acts as a change agent to ensure teams can successfully pivot when necessary to meet short and long-term business goals.
- Maintains and builds trusted relationships with key clients (internal and external), partners and stakeholders.
- Consistently hires, manages, trains and develops exceptional team members.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represents the company with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- High-level understanding of all business functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
- Ability to comfortably and energetically present the company and its products publicly
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications and password administration on carrier sites
- Strong knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and the ability to successfully accomplish company goals
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
- Self-motivated with a high level of drive, energy, persistence and initiative. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, achievement oriented, does what it takes to get the job done and high enthusiasm
- Ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated and established leader and team member
- Tenacious and proficient at developing long term relationships
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to present to groups in person and via webinar
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field
- At least five years in a senior management role
- 10+ years’ experience in the insurance industry