The Premium Billing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that premium for all accounts is paid and distributed in a smooth, timely manner from creation of the premium distributions, to the time insurance enrollment is received through date entry, online input or electronic file processing, to the closing of transmittals and ultimately preparing statements, invoices, and monthly reports. Additionally, the ability to reconcile accounting statements, troubleshoot discrepancies, and maintain a clear audit trail is essential. The Premium Billing Supervisor guides the day-to-day functions of direct report(s) and provides leadership and effective oversight.
- Processes Domestic and International premiums for student health insurance, including preparing bank account deposits.
- Maintains Premium Allocation Rate Group tables in the Premium System.
- Creates and maintains correspondence for the payment of commissions, administrative fees and overpayments.
- Responsible for the timely processing of refunds of premiums and correspondence relating to refunds.
- Creates and/or oversees the development and maintenance of Premium Participations Reports.
- Prepares Monthly Reports for all Underwriters, miscellaneous vendors and agents.
- Develops, maintains and monitors the “Invoice Log”.
- Corresponds with school administration and personnel regarding late or incorrect payments
- Prepares invoices for amounts due.
- Oversees processing of student checks and credit card authorizations.
- Monitors enrollment to ensure the program’s eligibility requirements are being met.
- Reconciles and reports on all enrollment/payment discrepancies.
- Assists in the development of new methods, computer programs, etc. to maximize efficiency.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Mentors and supervises the Premium Billing Specialist.
- Champions communication of goals, vision, and procedures developed by leadership.
- Directs employee workflow, workload and overall performance.
- Provides feedback to management and team members about service structure to improve performance and productivity.
- Works with the Leadership Team and Human Resources to manage employees and implement projects and directives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Must have strong knowledge of computerized accounting systems and the ability to quickly learn proprietary software applications.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and the ability to successfully accomplish departmental goals.
- Ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated and established team member with strong leadership qualities.
- Self-motivated with a high level of drive, energy, persistence and initiative. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, achievement oriented, does what it takes to get the job done and has a high level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
- 3+ years of experience with enrollment and billing, or equivalent comparable experience, required
1-3 years of supervisory experience required