Relation Insurance Services, a leading national insurance brokerage firm, is looking for an M&A Financial Analyst to work with the company’s mergers and acquisitions team to help execute M&A transactions nationwide. A core component of our long-term growth strategy is centered on the successful completion of acquisitions in the insurance distribution sector.
The M&A Financial Analyst combines comprehensive technical knowledge and analytical ability with strong interpersonal skills to support and manage sensitive, highly visible work in the M&A group. Reporting to and working directly with the Head of M&A, this position is a dedicated finance support resource for the M&A process, from the initial screening of potential deal through the process of closing a transaction as well as post-close actions.
- Supports M&A and senior leadership team members across multiple projects by preparing financial and/or operational analyses for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Drives the project management of transactions, including initial valuations, due diligence, senior management meetings and post-deal integration.
- Interacts with and assists in the project management of a broad cross-functional team throughout the deal process including: Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Business Development, Information Technology and Legal.
- Develops relationships internally across the organization, and externally with competitors, industry associations, brokers and other industry influencers to help drive M&A activity at Relation.
- Manages Relation’s pipeline of potential acquisition targets, including keeping pipeline system up-to-date and tracking the status of each deal
- Analyzes current and new markets to understand market structure / trends and recommends strategic acquisition opportunities.
- Builds analytical models, performs financial analysis and evaluates company and market information to value acquisition opportunities.
- Provides input and direction as a key member of the integration team.
- Supports corporate initiatives such as preparing presentations and analysis for senior management and the board of directors.
- Assists in administrative activities for the Finance M&A group which might include expense tracking, budgeting/forecasting and preparing deal status reports.
- Assists CFO and finance team in tracking deals post-closing, including business performance and tracking earn out calculations.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management, and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management skills
- Professional integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Highly organized and able to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and tight deadlines
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Works cross-functionally and at all levels as both a self-starter and in a team environment
- Ability to prepare and present complex and written and oral reports
- Some travel required
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, transaction advisory services at a Big Four accounting firm or is currently in a M&A role at an insurance brokerage firm