Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Loss Control Consultant provides assistance to clients in monitoring, developing, and implementing risk management/loss control programs. The Loss Control Consultant may conduct on‐site investigations for incidents and accidents involving employees as well as the public and report findings to site managers as well as the Risk Management Department. They may also evaluate standard operating procedures in areas such as employee safety and training, landscape operations, garbage collection, public safety, fire prevention, public works, public utilities, vehicle and equipment and safety, and general housekeeping conditions and practices to prevent accidents.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Investigate accidents that result in claims and report findings to the clients.
- Recommend abatement strategies for the elimination of hazards.
- Follow‐up on abatement activities for the mitigation of hazards.
- Assist the clients with the development and implementation of the safety program.
- Attend site safety committee meetings.
- Inspect playground equipment as well as investigate playground accidents.
- Develop and implement loss control management policies, procedures and techniques to ensure loss control activities are consistently and accurately implemented. This includes assistance in developing and monitoring return to work programs, safety committees, loss control data reports, and other assistance vital for the reduction of employee accidents in the workplace.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Willingness to travel.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- OSHA 501 (or have within 12 months of hire); other certification based on client need such as CPSI, DDC, etc.
- Must have and maintain an active driver’s license
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.