The Client Service Specialist assists with the day-to-day maintenance of customer files and acts as the front-line administrative processor. They remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business, stay abreast of the types of insurance products available and work with clients and others in a professional manner.
- Orders renewal policies. Checks renewal policies against proposals and bills policies in agency management system.
- Handles endorsements including entering on company websites, follows up on endorsements not received from carriers, checks endorsements for accuracy, bills endorsements and sends to client.
- Follows up on new business submissions with carriers for submissions not being handled by Risk Placement Specialists.
- Enters and rates policies in carrier websites and orders new policies as needed.
- Issues standard certificates of insurance and other forms for holders (e.g. EOP, Binders, etc.).
- Checks on payment status of direct bill policies to assure policies are not cancelled and alerts appropriate Account Manager if policies are in danger of cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
- Follows up on claims and current status, updating the agency management system with claims activity, payments closures, etc.
- Check audits for accuracy and reviews with agency staff as appropriated. Bill audits, creates audit review letter and sends to client.
- Order motor vehicle reports “MVRs” and loss run as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in using computers, Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel), agency management systems software, and online rating systems.
- Knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Working knowledge of commercial lines of coverage.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- 3 + year experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with commercial lines experience
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.