Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Claims Adjuster manages lost time claims in addition to other complex claims. They determine needed investigations after categorizing the type of claim and evaluate, settle or deny claims, as warranted. The Claims Adjuster also works with defense attorneys and manages litigated claims.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Manages all types of complex claims, including but not limited to lost time.
- Assesses claims for possible subrogation opportunities.
- Completes three-point investigations to determine compensability, and takes recorded statements of injured employee and witnesses when appropriate.
- Makes timely payment of benefits and ensure accurate and timely processing of required EDI-R3 filings with the State.
- Confirms that Reinsurers have been notified when claims and or reserves reach certain levels per company standards.
- Maintains contact and relationship with all assigned clients, medical providers and injured employees to monitor progress and prompt return to work.
- Strong organizational / time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Workers Compensation Medical Only Specialist with proven competency in handling Workers Compensation claims.
- Workers’ Compensation Adjuster License or All-lines Adjuster License.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.