The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Sales and Account Management teams in servicing and retaining clients. The Assistant Account Manager works to ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from clients, prospects and members of the production and account management staff.
- Participates in basic client services such as issuing Certificates of Insurance, Invoicing, and ID Cards.
- Under the direction of the Sales and Account Manager orders various endorsements from carriers, confirms changes to client, follows-up on receipt of endorsements, verifies their accuracy and delivers to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and renewal submissions for the client.
- Processes a variety of documents such as policy audits, cancellations and reinstatements.
- Orders various reports, loss runs, MVR’s and follows-up on receipt.
- Assists with spreadsheets and premium allocations.
- Prepares summaries of insurance with guidance from Account Manager
- Prepares ACORD applications and other applications; enters client data into on-line insurer portals
- Handles or refers underwriters’ questions to the appropriate party.
- Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
- Meets with clients and insurance company representatives as requested by Sales and Account Management teams.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Proficient in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems.
- Working knowledge of commercial lines of coverage.
- Intermediate knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Lines Customer Service
- Bilingual a must or plus depending on location
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.