The Administrative Assistant performs administrative duties and assists with projects for the Executive team of our entire education solutions practice. Responsibilities may include screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, assisting with presentations or webinars, preparing reports and financial data, office support functions and customer relations.
- Acts as ambassador of Relation culture to clients, teams and visitors.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Coordinates the office of the President. Schedules and confirms appointments, manages calendar, monitors emails for action items, follows up on email messages and responds when necessary. Formats and prepares information on prospective new business and other incoming correspondence for President’s review. Fields calls and serves as front line liaison to the office of the President. Keeps President apprised of internal and external matters.
- Plans meetings, which may include site selection, rate negotiations, executing applicable hotel arrangements and contracts, preparing rooming lists, determining AV requirements, planning menus, corresponding with guests to advise of reservation confirmations, etc. Prepares and distributes meeting materials including invitations and agendas and directs all inquiries. Serves as main point of contact regarding meeting arrangements. Takes minutes of meetings and prepares action item list.
- Directs and coordinates office services and related activities in regard to day to day operations; this may include activity in any Relation Education Solutions office location.
- Serves as floor warden to lead the training and evacuation of occupants during a fire alarm and any other emergency situation.
- Supports Relation client teams in peer reviewing and assembly of client presentations.
- Maintains day to day office support functions such as stocking printers, handling sensitive documents and mail, deliveries, and other needs.
- Attends Relation team meetings to take notes and documents meetings as needed.
- Provides back up support to client support teams, eligibility and enrollment and/or agency management systems as needed.
- Performs administrative duties (filing, photocopying and faxing) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develops presentations by designing format, collecting information, and compiling data. Requests materials from other individuals and ensures consistency in the format. Reviews for errors and edits as necessary.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, while researching competitive rates, and prepares travel itineraries.
- Prepares and reviews President’s expense reports for accuracy and proper allocation of expenses.
- Composes correspondence and/or reports.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced PowerPoint skills
- Requires consistent attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must possess a professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, maintaining a high level of tact and professionalism
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years in an administrative role with at least 2 years supporting Senior Management