This demanding and fast-paced position will require an individual that has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, multitask, problem solve and a willingness to adjust from a daily routine when necessary. The individual in this position will have a proactive, forward-thinking approach and a client service mindset. The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to provide first in class hospitality to internal and external clients, vendors and team members.
- Acts as ambassador of Relation culture to clients, teams and visitors.
- Answers telephone calls incoming from Relation clients and contacts and directs to appropriate team member.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Maintains day to day office support functions such as stocking printers, handling sensitive documents and mail, deliveries, and other needs.
- Performs administrative duties (filing, photocopying and faxing) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Attends Relation team meetings to take notes and documents meetings as needed.
- Provides back up support to client support teams, eligibility and enrollment and/or agency management systems as needed.
- Supports Relation client teams in peer reviewing and assembly of client presentations.
- Develops presentations by designing format, collecting information, and compiling data. Requests materials from other individuals and ensures consistency in the format. Reviews for errors and edits as necessary.
- Composes correspondence and/or reports.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Proficient in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
- Basic knowledge of commercial lines of coverage
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred; may be required, depending on location
- 2+ years’ of customer service experience in a professional office or customer support environment preferred