Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliation.
- Deposits customer premium payment checks and credit card payments.
- Processes weekly carrier payments.
- Checks daily bank balances and post incoming wires/ACH payments.
- Processes premium finance agreements.
- Ensures invoices are billed correctly.
- Processes benefits, personal, and/or commercial lines direct bill commissions. Searches customer and policy numbers and enter premiums and commissions received from insurance carriers.
- Processes company commission due statements. Requires research to ensure funds have not already been paid to carriers; and initiate payments to carriers when necessary.
- Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
- Advanced problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
- Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
- 2 years finance and accounting experience preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.