The Account Manager manages the client relationships and strategically assists with technical and complex insurance needs to ensure a high level of client retention. They have full binding authority with various insurance companies and remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business as well as keeping abreast of the types of insurance products available.
- Serves as main point of contact for the client. Addresses client questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, educates client on exclusions and exposures.
- Assists with the strategic design of insurance plans for clients with little to no supervision.
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carriers in order to determine whether or not coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate.
- Strategically assists in the remarketing of renewals to ensure a high level of account retention.
- Oversees the preparation of proposals for the client, including, but not limited to submissions, loss evaluations and risk analysis to ensure timely and accurate quotations and policies. Determines and communicates various options for billing and invoicing.
- Prepares summaries of insurance and schedules. Supports client needs by accurately producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims by obtaining adjusters and/or arranging a visit from a member of the claims team. Facilitates the prompt response from carriers and their staff in an effort to work toward a settlement of all claims.
- Reviews policy audits and verifies their accuracy. Confirms necessary corrections between the client and the carrier are executed. Proactively communicates with client any significant audit differences and determines the need for further action.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save client accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the company’s financial equity.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance and services to clients.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Quickly identifies and resolves complex client service issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
- In-depth understanding of advanced commercial lines & personal lines of coverage with the ability to advise clients concerning their complex insurance needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ account management experience in the insurance industry in commercial lines and personal lines of coverage is required.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).