The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Consulting teams in servicing and retaining clients as well as pursuing and closing new business opportunities. The Account Coordinator works to ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from clients, prospects and members of the production and account management staff. This individual projects a professional company image through all interaction with clients, insurance carriers, vendors, team members and others.
- Serves as client advocate and a primary point of contact for assigned accounts.
- Develops professional business relationships with all clients and demonstrates a clear understanding of the client’s core business.
- Assists in managing client expectations, service commitments, and anticipates needs of the client.
- Answers email, telephone calls, and/or written correspondence related to Relation Education Solutions health and accident programs in a timely manner, documents all client interaction and updates client service logs.
- On behalf of the client, conducts research on billing/invoicing issues.
- Upon the direction of the Account Manager and/or Producer, assists with preparing quotes and renewal presentations, when applicable.
- Quickly identifies and resolves basic client service issues.
- Researches client issues by contacting carriers and vendors on behalf of the client and determines when issues need to be escalated to the Account Manager, Account Executive and/or Producer level.
- Assists with identifying, conducting research, and resolving insurance plan issues. Follows through on participant claims resolution matters with third party administrators, carriers and inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Assists with the preparation of Proposals/Quotes (whether a formal Request For Proposal process or informal renewal): when necessary assists in gathering information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), coordinates responses from the carriers, inputs data and maintains all appropriate documentation to create professional and complete proposals, when applicable.
- Assists in the creation of client presentations using Excel and PowerPoint to summarize client data obtained from internal or external sources; may involve developing charts in Excel to summarize data for use in PowerPoint.
- Supports account management staff by handling client/prospect issues when the Account Manager or Sales Executive is unavailable.
- Assists with the logistics of conferences such as:
- Exhibit and individual registration and packing and shipping of materials
- Negotiating with vendors;
- Managing the set-up and take-down of all exhibits when needed
- Negotiate and Set up Vendors for special events and client dinners;
- Manage advertising and giveaways (keeping budget restrictions in mind);
- Recording and tracking all expenses in accordance with stated budget for event;
- Managing all contact data from conferences;
- Working with the Marketing team, ensures all sales/marketing literature and website is up to date and contains attractive marketing of products.
- Conducts research in preparation for trade shows and other sales events and make recommendations.
- Acts as the ambassador of Relation culture to clients, visitors and team members by communicating in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides additional support to accounts, client service, and sales teams as needed.
- Understands and demonstrates project management skills such as: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate.
- Assists with creating spreadsheets and premium allocations.
- Prepares summaries of insurance with guidance from the Account Manager, Account Executive and/or Producer.
- Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in document management systems.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Proficient to advanced skills in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems.
- Working knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Working knowledge of health and accident lines of coverage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective. relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years’ experience in account service with preference given to individuals with life, health and accident experience
- A Life, Health and Accident License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter