Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Loss Control Consultant is responsible for providing Loss Control services to the Company’s Worker’s Compensation clients in an assigned territory(s). The consultant will participate as an integral member of a service team, whose primary goal is to service existing customers and assist in new business development. The selected individual will achieve these goals by utilizing superior communication and relationship building skills with internal and external customers.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Conducts extensive research and data collection which helps to identify customer’s source of risk, loss and costs.
• Assists clients by conducting on-site Safety Training activities.
• Assist clients in gaining compliance with Cal-OSHA worker-safety-related programs, i.e. IIPP, WPS, Heat Illness Prevention, etc.
• Compiles facts from on-site visits and various reports and databases to assess existing processes/practices, determine severity/frequency of problems and identify needs.
• Interprets and analyzes data to determine best course of action and/or solution that satisfies customer’s risk management needs.
• Organizes data into a format which can easily be presented to customer.
• Prepares and presents reports which outline action plan for improved practices and/or changing workforce cultures/behaviors.
• Maintains effective partnerships with customers.
• Learns about customer’s business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs.
• Ensures accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with customers.
• Keeps customers informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources relevant to identify customers’ safety concerns.
• Participates in training and development of customers; oversees implementation of program(s); provides technical support to assist with implementation of recommendations/actions plans.
• Counsels customers regarding technical issues.
• Assists in securing new business opportunities by demonstrating loss control services and expertise to potential customers.
• Actively pursues professional development efforts to better meet expectations of client deliverables.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Keeps informed of industry developments through review of general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic math skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; sound oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, Excel spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Must have knowledge of applicable occupational health and safety laws; loss control and safety practices and procedures; training techniques including OSHA methodology and data analysis methods using Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
• Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to successfully demonstrate technical skills in areas of risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner to both internal and external customers and clients.
• Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism.
• Willingness and ability to frequently travel.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must – will be expected to conduct presentations to bilingual and/or monolingual groups of various sizes
• A Commercial Lines License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter
• Instructor Certification and/or experience in Forklift, Tractor, Pesticide (WPS) and other agricultural related topics
• Must have and maintain an active driver’s license
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.