Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the sales and account management teams in servicing and retaining clients. The Assistant Client Service Specialist works to ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from members of the production and account management staff.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Participates in basic client services such as issuing Certificates of Insurance, Evidence of Property coverage and Auto ID Cards.
• Under the direction of the Team Lead, orders various endorsements from carriers, confirms changes to client, follows-up on receipt of endorsements, verifies their accuracy and delivers to client with appropriate correspondence.
• Assists in the preparation and follow up of proposals for the client.
• Processes a variety of documents such as policy audits, cancellations and reinstatements.
• Orders various reports, loss runs, MVR’s and follows-up on receipt with Carrier.
• Upon request, assists with spreadsheets and premium allocations.
• Upon request, prepares summaries of insurance.
• Handles or refers underwriters’ questions to the appropriate party.
• Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
• Manages social media, including both creating content and responding to comments on Web, Facebook, and/or Twitter.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Working knowledge of commercial lines of coverage
• Basic knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
• Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies
• Experience with social media, including Facebook and Twitter
• Proficient computer skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
• Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
• Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
• Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
• Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills are a must
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
• Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma
• Bilingual a must or a plus depending on location
• 1+ year experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with commercial lines experience
• A Commercial Lines Insurance License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.